Friday, July 23, 2010

Welcome China!

   
It is almost half a year since I started my Broadband Traffic Management Blog (January 30, here). This is my 224th post, and Google Analytics reports very nice growth in traffic to the blog. It seems that traffic management, DPI, policy management, Net Neutrality and other related issues are hot topic these days among vendors and service providers.

I am using a great tool - Excellent Analytics to analyze Google Analytics' information in Excel. An interesting piece of information is visitors' demographics - so far I had visits from 107 countries. The Top3 are the homelands of the DPI industry: USA (Cisco, Procera), Israel (Allot) and Canada (Sandvine) - together accounting for more than 50% of the visits to the blog. Nevertheless I had visits from Åland Islands  (population: 27,000), Aruba, French Polynesia and so many other places I wish to visit one day.
 
However - up to this morning - China was missing from the list. Today, at 3AM GMT someone from Beijing was my first Chinese visitor. Welcome! 

Since I am using Google's Blogger platform -this first visit today may represent further changes to Google availability in China - see "Google gets its license to operate in China renewed" - here - as it seems that Blogger is now available.


2 comments:

  1. Blogger is not available in China.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A 2nd visit recorded today (Monday. July 26), this time from Shanghai.

    ReplyDelete